Senior Football Market Maker (London)
Senior Market Maker
Location – London/Wigan
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
This is an opportunity to join the Football team as a Senior Market Maker. You will be part of a team that is responsible for pricing and trading all aspects of International, Domestic and European Football.
We would like someone with;
- Passion for sports and betting
- Excellent Football knowledge, Domestic, European and International.
- Very high proficiency in Excel/VBA/’R’
- Strong numerical ability with understanding of key Football metrics and distributions
This role is specifically targeted at Football pricing and trading but encompasses all stages of the market life-cycle including quality assurance at each stage of the process. The requirements of our B2C customers and B2B partners must be at the forefront of all trader’s thoughts.
We need someone to;
- Compile and trade a variety of games across Domestic, European and International Football
- Model/Price ad hoc markets not commonly available across the wider industry
- Evolve and improve our ‘Long Term’ odds compiling and trading
- Innovate and produce new markets and offerings for both SSLN and SPIN
- Work with the in-house team to develop and improve existing models
- Have awareness of wholesale client requirements depending on sport/jurisdiction/market liquidity
- Prepare trading models for in-play events and accurate entry of pricing variables Maximise the trading output for both SSLN and SPIN
- Accurate manipulation of trading models and monitoring of market conditions to maintain pricing pre-match for both in-play and non-live events
- Accurate entry of in-play match data for in-play events
- Analyse client behaviour and performance to ensure efficient management of our customer base
- Analyse trading performance for future reference and performance management
- Apply industry knowledge and experience to help train, develop and mentor new, and existing, members of the team
What we’re looking for
- A Quantitative degree
- Solid experience of pricing/trading spread betting and/or fixed odds markets
- Excellent knowledge of the wider betting industry
- Willingness to work unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to manage detail and follow tasks to a resolution
Extra marks if you have
- Quantitative based Masters/PhD
- Database/Coding/Modelling skills
- Management/Leadership experience
- Product development/testing experience