Senior IT Project Manager (20-125)
People and technology now need to communicate flawlessly to speed response times and keep safety and satisfaction at the forefront. With Spok®, it’s possible for one unified technology platform to solve multiple challenges across different areas and departments of the hospital. It improves workflows across the organization, from the contact center to the patient’s bedside and includes everyone on the care teams, from doctors and nurses to housekeeping and transport staff. Follow patient Jeremy Rogers from the ED to imaging to his patient room as Spok solutions help his care team coordinate treatment by watching this video: Improving Clinical Workflow Through Accurate and Efficient Communications
The Sr. IT Project Manager provides management, direction and coordination for various projects and activities associated with the deployment, implementation and maintenance of Spok internal IT and Wireless customer projects. Leading with accountability, this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with project life cycle and project management principles, including timely communication with affected staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages multiple, complex assigned projects through successful completion.
- Guides, mentors and evaluates internal project team performance within project guidelines.
- Manages internal and customer relationships for successful solution adoption and project progress.
- Manages through complex problems with internal project resources and customer partners.
- As necessary, provides supervisions other project managers, both internal and external.
- Evaluates team performance and provides feedback to various internal departments on challenges and successes of the assigned project.
- Communicates with various Spok departments regarding their roles and performance requirements.
- Directs and performs follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with customers as primary contact regarding upgrade process, progress and completion. Communication expectations include but are not limited to the following: sending meeting agendas, writing recaps to confirm client expectations and Spok deliverables; setting, communicating, and updating timelines; escalating items as appropriate and involve management of customer issues that need assistance in resolving.
- Communicates with different levels of management including C-Suite stakeholders internal and external.
- Collaboratively works and communicates cross-departmentally for customer resolution.
- Creates and maintains process, standards, and upgrade documentation.
- Maintains and evaluates project plans and related documentation to ensure highest level of customer response.
- Using Microsoft Project and other tools – creates detailed timelines, agendas, and meeting recaps.
- Develops and maintains risk and issue logs for organizational lessons learned.
- Evaluates and reports project outcomes, customer satisfaction and customer concerns.
- Reports project status, schedules, issues, resolutions and completions.
- Maintains accurate forecasting for project closures.
- Presents project statuses to key executive stakeholders.
Role may supervise one to three other Project Managers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and four to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years project management experience
- PMP Certified
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer advocate and trusted advisor mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with key stakeholders and senior leadership
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Willing to identify, own, and solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Strives to become a self-directed, productive team members, serving as a positive agent of change.
- Demonstrated strong energy, performing when schedules, deliverables, or customers require it.
- Demonstrated understanding of impact of current, new and proposed product features.
- Understand of new system implementation and installation processes
- Ability to identify key issues through accurate problem triage.
- Familiarity with cloud/web based project management tools.
- MS Office Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935