Senior Revenue Accountant (20-126)
The Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for review and approval of contract information launched in NetSuite as well as the preparation of order review packages reporting related to revenue recognition. The role will assist with the research of key accounting issues, including those related to changes in the accounting guidance. The role will also draft technical accounting memos related to key policy elections and review of major customer contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Prepare the customer sales order package for review and approval by the Revenue Manager.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliation and SOX controls related to the revenue recognition process.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly internal and board reporting related to revenue recognition and its related components.
- Assist in establishing Standalone Selling Price (SSP) of fair value annually related to certain contract elements within Spok customer contracts.
- Research technical accounting issues as they arise and prepare memos outlining the accounting policy established by the company for use in the revenue recognition process.
- Work with departments outside of Finance to ensure a thorough understanding of the product is obtained for the purpose of establishing an accounting policy related to the software sold.
- Assist with the day-to-day internal and external auditor requests and manage the PBC listing related to the revenue recognition process.
- Prepare other internal reporting and analytics on an as needed basis.
- Provide guidance and training to Accountants.
- Participate in special projects, as required.
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and four to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of prior experience in public accounting or a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month, quarter, and year-end close process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certificate or actively working to obtain a CPA license is preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of algebra.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Ability to work independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have knowledge of Word Processing software, MS Word; Accounting software; Internet software; Database software.
- Experience with MS Access, NetSuite desired.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935