Associate Director, Customer Success (20-129)
At Spok, our customers are doctors, nurses, and hospital administrators. They have an important mission, and we’re proud to provide an enterprise communication platform that enables clinical workflow. Hear from our customers how Spok’s products provide a seamless approach and how easy it is to work with Spok: Improving Clinical Workflow Through Accurate and Efficient Communications
The Associate Director of Customer Success recruits, leads and develops a team of Customer Success Managers who provide enhanced support services to Spok’s geographically dispersed customer base, and specifically those with SaaS products. This role requires experience in recruiting, developing and directing a Customer Success team that ensures an exceptional, world-class, customer experience throughout the evolving lifecycle of the product(s). The successful Associate Director will contribute to increasing the customer’s lifetime value through broader product usage, deeper product expansion, and increased customer health scores. Reporting to the VP of Customer Support, the Associate Director will assist in leading the transformation of the current organization into a customer-centric, proactive, trusted advisor organization via coaching, developing and leading by example, as well as partnering with other functional areas in ways that demonstrate our culture and values. The Associate Director will drive improvements in customer support services through the development of predictive analytics, process improvements, harmonization across teams and close collaboration with related functions, including product management, sales, marketing, professional services, customer support and engineering. This Associate Director will contribute to the development of individualized client strategies and operating models, developing and expanding deep and meaningful relationships with customers that drive adoption of our solutions and retention and expansion of the existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In the initial phases of developing the Customer Success function, this role will be responsible for planning, cross functional engagement, project management and executing the plan for Customer Success in Support Services.
- Work with the VP of Customer Support to define data requirements and definitions for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); develop and automate various reports on the state of customers, such as churn signals by product and customer health scoring; and reports on the state of Customer Success such as predictive forecasting of the need for CS resources and the full spectrum of business goals for the Customer Success/Support team.
- Create internal processes and/or process improvements to enhance the functioning of the Customer Success/Support team; identify, evaluate and recommend new tools to streamline workflows.
- Create internal Customer Success playbooks and customer journey profiles.
- Develop robust analytical capabilities together with Product Management to monitor usage and improve functional performance of Spok solutions.
- Constantly evaluate, identify and collaborate with management to implement the best approach to customer segmentation, team organization, team incentives, technology, and processes to deliver a great customer experience.
- Understand the changing healthcare landscape in the US, how the customer is impacted, and understand customer’s priorities and goals.
- Use thorough knowledge of our products and those the customers are currently utilizing to develop the customer’s leaders’ understanding of Spok products and the valuable outcomes they can achieve.
- Lead by example and promote the importance of creating trusted advisor relationships with Customers’ executive sponsors that enable and lead to strategic partnerships and align with our business and strategy.
- Assemble and leverage cross functional teams, internal to Spok and customer personnel to drive desired outcomes for clients and Spok.
- Manage “word of mouth” and marketable outcomes with Spok customers through greater advocacy and customer reference ability.
- Design retention strategies, based on company strategy, to reduce churn and to improve long-term account expansion across all customer segments.
- Lead and oversee the customer success team in a B2B model supporting software products that are a mix of on-premise products and new SaaS products.
- Develop a culture of customer obsession and accountability, striving for nothing less than 100% customer satisfaction and retention.
May manage one to two subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 5-10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university plus 4 to 6 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ experience leading customer success managers and 3+ years of leading projects
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical experience or Healthcare customer support/success (SaaS) experience
- Exceptional client management experience and proactive in finding creative ways to deliver solutions to customers
- Highly consultative and have the capacity to make informed decisions and guide our customers to success
- Experienced in making data-driven decisions, analyzing data, customer feedback, creating dashboards and identifying trends
- Understanding of a SaaS business model and have experience delivering, implementing and transitioning clients from an on-premise environment to a SaaS model
- PMP certification a plus
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation and written communication skills
- Experience working cross functionally to ensure a consistent and strong customer message
- Previous experience growing, scaling, training and supervising a CSM team
- Ability to travel 20%
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935