DevOps Architect – Engineering Effectiveness
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Who We Are
As a DevOps Architect for Engineering Effectiveness, you will be at the heart of Splunk’s engineering process to build and support our SaaS delivery model that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly to the Cloud. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing and testing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
We ensure Splunk's success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and providing scalable infrastructure and services that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly as a part of our SaaS platform. We impact Splunk Engineers and our customers by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building, operating and maintaining scalable infrastructure and services for our CI/CD pipeline which enable and help developers deliver quality software to customers quickly.
- Customer obsession-Build a great customer experience for engineers using our services.
- Collaboration with our partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational solutions for our Engineers.
- Fostering a positive DevOps culture which promotes frequent releases, high automation and software reliability.
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture for services in our CI/CD pipeline that power our SaaS delivery model.
- Communicating architectural and service design decisions to internal stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership, strategy and lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing technologies to improve product quality and velocity.
- Develop self-service capabilities for platform components in the pipeline.
- Review and modify CI/CD principles and service maturity iteratively and strive for continuous improvement.
- Establish a consistent culture of monitoring and observability across the delivery pipeline to help get insights to help improve performance across the process and identify bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with Dev/QA teams to solve / resolve / prevent production issues.
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution.
- Improve service availability and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process.
- Analyze service performance, identify bottlenecks and provide measurable improvement plans.
- Work with multi-functional security teams to integrate security in each stage of our pipeline.
- Participate in monitoring system design, implementation, deployment and maintenance.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in the DevOps space having large scale software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining customer facing applications preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Previous experience working on a 24x7 cloud or SaaS operation team.
- Expert knowledge of: Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Technology. (AWS-including EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFormation, GCP, Azure).
- CI/CD automation using Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI or similar.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Consul, Packer a plus.
- Proficiency with log monitoring, analytics, observability using solutions like Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Scripting using Python, Go, or other a plus
- NGINX or similar load balancer – Installation, Configuration and management.
- Linux (ssh, including bash/shell scripting)
- Experience with on-call (SRE style) rotation, both as a member and as A Architect who has improved the processes themselves.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen.
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering subject area or relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of Development/DevOps experience preferably in Cloud.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.