Technical Support Account Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Technical Support Account Manager (TSAM) at Splunk develops consistent long-term relationships with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their investment at Splunk. Our TSAMs have the ability to lead multiple accounts strategically and are responsible for the technical health of our customers. The TSAM has a wide latitude for independent actions and can complete all duties assigned while operating with minimal supervision.
- Act as a primary technical point of contact for technical issues and escalations for a rapidly growing base of enterprise customers.
- Understand the short-term business goals and long-term objectives of each customer as they relate to Splunk to enable the achievement of those goals and objectives through the use of Splunk.
- Provide proactive guidance, planning and recommendations for the overall technical health of a customer's Splunk environment.
- Assist with maintaining an overall health report on each client considering cases, critical issues, outages and ongoing projects.
- Be the internal advocate for the customer to facilitate the resolution of customer issues through coordination of efforts among Splunk’s internal organizations (technical support, sales, product development, product management, and executive leadership teams)
- Proactively analyze tickets and interactions to figure out and deliver training needs.
- Perform QBRs with customers (onsite and over the phone) in conjunction with sales to review service levels, usage metrics and customer environment performance.
- Work with the relevant technical teams to proactively handle customer configurations and recommend customer environment upgrades and add-ons
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Sales organization to execute on environment upgrades and add-ons
- Understand and communicate the customer’s needs to the Account Team
- Keep the customer informed of key information that may be critical to their success (e.g. product roadmaps, new product releases, customer events, or organizational changes)
- Knowledge of software development process
- Experienced in customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in a business and user-friendly language
- Ability to forecast churn and upgrades for account base
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and lead multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to work on special projects and run routine technical/operational activities
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be available on nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to build relationships and influence Senior Leadership
- Possess the confidence to have difficult conversations with multiple levels within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with IT operations and technical infrastructure.
- Fundamental working knowledge/overview of Splunk
- Travel up to 30% may be required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in technical services and customer relationship management
- 5+ Yrs. Experience managing strategic/top accounts in the technology sector
- 5+ Yrs. Experience in Enterprise client/customer facing role
- Project management experience
- Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- BA/BS technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Operational working knowledge/overview of Splunk
- Systems Administration and/or networking experience in a mid to large IT environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.