Principal UX Designer, Mobile
Join us as we pursue our new design vision to make machine data accessible and valuable to everyone. Splunk design started a journey to redefine the data user experience.
Data user experience is a new UX competency which is the conveyance of big data and information in forms that can be seen. We study and create the new visual representation of data and user experience around it. The competency is the beautiful mix of art and technology & science - Are you a seasoned UX designer who is looking for a new challenge? The data UX is filled with undiscovered UX challenges - you could be the first designer to solve these unique design problems.
As a Principal User Experience Designer for Mobile, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of design. Collaboration and partnership with engineers and product managers to ensure your ideas come to fruition helping evolve the Splunk data UX experience through the formulation of design language and product user interface.
What You’ll Do
- Design Splunk software suites that enable users to quickly and easily gain useful insights from datasets of disparate types, sources, and sizes.
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and product marketing throughout the creative process
- Craft design specifications and design standards in the form of storyboards, prototypes, wireframes
- Actively participate and assist implementation and continue design work as needed through release and beyond
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in UX Design for Mobile devices
- A deep understanding of the design system
- A deep understanding of typography for web/mobile based applications
- A pixel pusher who thrives on achieving obsessively meticulous crafts
- Expertise in data visualization and exploration of Big Data
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Avid and creative prototyper who likes demonstrating ideas using a range of prototyping tools
- Excellent communication - Both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus.
- A Bachelors in a related HCI program.
Your portfolio needs to include both 'what you have done", which is the typical collection of your work that you have participated, then there should be "what you can do now." part - including self UX/visual study lets us see how you design. We are most interested in learning about your creativity.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.