Legal Counsel, Employment
Join Splunk’s legal team and have the opportunity to make an immediate contribution to our continuing global growth and success. As part of the Compliance, Employment & Risk team, you will support our Human Resources function, with a primary focus on helping build and improve global processes and policies, and advising on employee relations issues worldwide. You will also provide employment-related support for the company’s M&A activities. We are seeking a highly motivated and hardworking teammate to take initiative and ownership of key projects, procedures, and initiatives, and closely partner with Human Resources and business functions across Splunk. You will be integral to helping grow and scale the Legal department, and in turn will have an amazing opportunity to develop professionally. This role can be remote and will report to Splunk’s Senior Corporate Counsel, Employment.
Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make a significant impact. Flexible, creative, and self-motivated—shows initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic and maintains a sense of humor. Demonstrated business sense and legal judgment, with the ability to be both strategic and detail oriented. You will possess outstanding negotiating, writing, speaking, and analytical skills; strong organizational and project management skills; an ability to work dedicatedly in an entrepreneurial, extremely fast paced, and high growth environment; a desire to be invigorated by a collaborative, innovative and decisive culture; a high degree of accountability, professional motivation and drive; and ease in developing relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside Splunk. Lives the mantra, “work hard, have fun, make history.”
- Provide day-to-day proactive global employment law advice, assistance, and counseling.
- Coordinate with regional counsel to ensure consistent application of process and standards globally.
- Assist with successful management of the employee lifecycle – hiring, performance management, employee relations, and terminations.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to prioritize, respond to, and manage employee relations concerns, investigations, employee departures, litigation, and agency charges.
- Oversee and direct internal investigations.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues in the U.S. and globally, ensuring strong relationships between Legal, Human Resources, Finance, Stock Administration, IT, Operations, and Corporate Development to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Work cross-functionally with our Privacy, Cyber Security, and Compliance teams.
- Coordinate with the Employment team to create and continuously improve Splunk’s global employment documents library, including US offer letters, global employment agreements and related documents.
- Develop best-in-class employment law practices, procedures, and policies.
- Assist in developing and continuously improving Splunk’s U.S. and international employee handbooks in various countries.
- Support Splunk’s global compensation and benefits programs.
- Recommend, implement, and continuously improve employment law related training.
- Assist in managing and continuously improving Splunk’s contingent worker initiatives and programs.
- Help develop strategic initiatives and processes that will advance and scale Splunk’s business while continuing to mitigate risk.
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience focused on employment law at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing in any state bar
- Possess the drive and ability to balance working autonomously and collaboratively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and transactions in parallel, often with short deadlines
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface and partner successfully with stakeholders at all levels and varying functions of the Company
- Flexible and creative, with the initiative to contemplate multiple solutions to issues and to proactively and reliably drive complex projects
- Prior experience working at or with technology companies
- California employment law experience
- Global employment law experience
- Top tier employment law firm experience
- Strong academic credentials
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $125,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.