Major Account Manager (m/f/d)
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. At Splunk, we've grown rapidly across central Europe by helping leading companies (including 90 of the Fortune 100) go from data to business outcomes faster than ever.
As we expand across Germany, Switzerland, Austria and beyond, we're seeking values-driven sales professionals to continue driving record growth while cultivating customer innovation.
Join us on our journey as experienced Major Account Manager (m/f/d) and enjoy a culture of inclusiveness, disruption, and fun while selling smart and winning big.
As our next hire, you will have an clear mindset for sales, building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results within strategic accounts in Germany. You'll play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk in the German market. You will be joining a team of excellence and be contributing to the German success story, being part of the phenomenal growth at Splunk. Be at the right place, at the right time!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Working as a Major Account Manager (m/w/d) you'll be focused on a Named Key Account list of leading companies in Germany, conducting effective account planning and opportunity management.
- Develop new business and have the mindset to continuously look for expansion opportunities.
- You will consistently deliver on visionary license sales, support and service revenue targets, on a quarterly and annual basis. You will be committed to reach and over achieve the numbers.
- Negotiating pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value, and being able to engage with our different Splunk business areas.
- As part of your daily role, you will be working closely with our channel and our Splunk Channel Managers for the region, working in harmony with our strong partners and distributor network
- Leveraging and collaborating with our sales engineering and professional services teams at Splunk, as well as partner services resources, to best position Splunk’s offering in the market.
- Working closely with management and sales operations to effectively and accurately pipeline and forecast.
- Using our sleek sales methodology and processes effectively, which will support you from prospect to closure, leading you to your success and over achievement.
- You will provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
- Be a strong Splunk Ambassador, through internal and external interactions.
- You possess considerable experience of selling Enterprise Software in to large customers in Germany.
- A strong background in managing and developing a key account load, across a variety of sectors.
- Strong charismatic and executive presence, with experience of building relationships at C-Level.
- Ability and understanding of accurate forecasting commitments.
- A consistent track record of sales success, being able to navigate and close large scale deals.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, fast-paced and dynamic work environment and comfortable to be 'disruptive'
- You have very relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Understanding and experience of managing CRM systems (such as Sales Force) extensively
- You possess excellent communication skills, in German and English.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA would be a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.