Director, FP&A Shared Services
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This position reporting into the Senior Director, G&A and Shared Services and will be a part of both our transaction and analytics team supporting the FP&A department. You will partner closely with all FP&A leads and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. You will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, prioritize multiple initiatives, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and build impactful crucial Finance processes across the organization.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Optimize FP&A’s ability to scale with Splunk’s growth by identifying and implementing processes and analytics across planning, management reporting, and month end close that will improve the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Ensure scalable execution with a high degree of quality and compliance of FP&A Controllership shared service function responsibilities of purchase order and requisition approvals, FP&A related close responsibilities, monthly pacing reports, etc.
- Work cross functionally on SAP ERP functional improvements and other financial system initiatives such as the master data governance project.
- Develop the analytic capabilities of a team of 5 directs.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews and risk assessments required to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Strategic and results driven leader who understands accounting and finance processes and has extensive financial systems experience (with high volumes of data in a complex multi-currency global environment).
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a start-up mentality.
- Outstanding software and system skills with extensive experience with Jira Service Desk, ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) and Planning (Hyperion, Anaplan, etc.) systems including data conversions and data mapping across multiple ERPs and Consolidation /Reporting systems a must.
- Encouraging and effective leader with experience building high functioning teams.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
Education and Experience: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in a leadership role within a Finance organization including 3 years of management experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.