SE Manager- Toronto
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic CSE team. This role has dual responsibility, serving to hire, coach, and develop a Channel Sales Engineering (CSE) team, as well as serving as a primary technical resource to the Field Sales Teams and Partner Account Managers (PAMs). As an advocate for the Channel, you are responsible for keeping the account teams aware of key partners that can accelerate Splunk opportunities, working with various regions, aligning partners with opportunities, and ensuring partner aptitude meets the needs of available opportunities. You will evangelize our solutions to your customers and partners, working closely with key accounts to ensure their teams are properly trained, positioned, and empowered. Channel Sales Engineers and Managers actively drive partner-led opportunities and lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with sales teams as a key technical advisor, mentor, and advocate for Splunk solutions.
- Hire, coach, develop, and grow a motivated and passionate team of Channel SE's
- Advocate for our channel partners to ensure they have a voice within the community.
- Ensure that the Channel SE team and partners are enabled to support all required Splunk solutions, along with required sales/soft skills.
- Engage directly with Sales and Pre-sales Leadership to provide support for all channel related activities.
- Enable channel partner education, certifications, workshops and other assistance where necessary.
- Strong understanding of business applications that enable partners such as SFDC, Impartner, Partner Marketing Hub, Docebo, and ViewCentral.
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services, Certification and Education, and field teams to ensure alignment for pre- and post-sales activities.
- Host workshops, often co-marketed by Splunk and partners.
- Write and deliver passionate and motivating presentations, both business-focused and technical.
- Demonstrate our solutions to partners and customers, both on-site and remotely.
- Present our solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Respond to the functional and technical elements of tender documents, such as RFIs/RFPs.
- Work with partners to deliver and lead Proof of Value engagements to a successful outcome.
- Answer complex business and technical questions, addressing customer and partner concerns.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to continually improve operating rhythm and pre-sales processes.
- Conduct training, enablement, and partner certification sessions.
- Overcome sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Communicate and deliver product messaging at all levels, from an SE-level deep dive to a C-level elevator pitch.
- Willing to travel 50%.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Domain experience in at least one of the following areas: Big Data, Application Performance Management, Security & Compliance, Business Intelligence & Web Analytics, Operational Intelligence, ITOA, and Internet of Things.
- A knowledgeable understanding of financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, or retail markets, and the business challenges, drivers, technology, and market challenges of these types of organizations.
- Previous experience working in or with Value Added Resellers or System Integrators.
- Understanding of primary sales drivers for Channel partners. i.e. Margin/MDF.
- Ability to participate in account/business planning sessions to identify new and follow-up solution, services, and education opportunities.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value.
- 5+ years experience in selling Enterprise software solutions or services.
- 2+ years management experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You live in Toronto
Bachelor's of Science degree EE, CE, Computer Science, MIS, or substantial relevant on the job experience. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.