Commercial Account Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Splunk is going through a period of exciting growth across APAC, and we are continuing to enjoy considerable growth across our teams. We are looking to hire an experienced Account Manager to form a part of our successful sales team in Melbourne to grow a number of key accounts and develop the territory. Joining us at a truly exciting time you'll make an important impact on our growth journey in Australia/ New Zealand.
We are seeking a driven, customer centric and sales focused individual. You'll possess a measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering exceptional sales results, having worked in a fast-growing tech environment.
If you're ready for your next challenge, would like to join a company where you can truly flourish and are motivated to join our Splunk family please continue reading.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Working with a named list of non-named accounts across the Melbourne market, where you will be responsible for both new business acquisition and developing existing business, continuously looking out for expansion opportunities.
- As a successful Account Manager, you will consistently deliver on forward-thinking license, support and service revenue quotas, on a quarterly and yearly basis. You will be committed to consistently reach the numbers, and over-achieve the number given.
- Cloud, Cloud and even more Cloud, you will be a strong partner with the customer as they embark on their Digital journey
- As part of your daily role, you will be partnering closely with our Partner team, working in continuous harmony with our partners and distributor.
- Collaborating with different Splunkers to reach maximum account penetration, you will strategically work on account planning and opportunity management.
- Working closely with your Manager and our APAC sales operations you will effectively and accurately report on pipeline and forecasts, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Negotiating pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value, and being able to engage with our different Splunk business areas.
- Leveraging and collaborating with our sales engineering and professional services teams, in-house as well as our partner services resources, to best position Splunk's offering in the market.
- Using our sleek sales methodology and processes effectively, which will support you from prospect to closure, leading you to your success and over achievement.
- Being a strong ambassador of our Splunk brand, through your internal and external interactions.
Skills and Experience:
- Considerable Software selling experience, in a B2B environment, within the Melbourne market
- Extensive relationships within the Melbourne market, namely across Commercial accounts.
- A strong background of running and developing a territory with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Confident in building relationships and selling at the C Suite level.
- Sound understanding of the importance of forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy.
- Outstanding time management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- We are moving at a fast pace, hence it is important that you thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth and constantly evolving environment.
- Ensure accountability and uphold a growth mindset
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate functions, as well as working as part of a team.
- Meaningful software experience from one of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Experience and understanding of efficiently navigating CRM systems (SalesForce) extensively
- You will have a proven track record of sales success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the Australia territory.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.