NOC TECHNICIAN Tyson's Corners
Splunk Cloud is looking for a NOC Technician to join our team to support and monitor our ever expanding Cloud platform.
It is the responsibility of the NOC to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers.The NOC is the frontline of defense in making sure our customers have an unrivaled experience.
We are the authority on the Splunk customer experience and we need you to help us drive awareness and resolution for all customer impacting incidents. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all sizes and shapes. Calling out problems is great. Crafting solutions to fix those problems is even better. We need you to help build a world-class NOC.
The NOC is responsible for reporting on issues and performance, performing maintenance, and working closely with the SRE and Cloud Monitoring teams to improve monitoring, troubleshooting, and response times.
Splunk Cloud SRE is implementing a lot of complex strategy and automation to support the backbone of our product and infrastructure, especially as we continue to scale.
The NOC is responsible for making this implementation seamless to our customers. We are building a world class NOC and need the best talent possible to get us there.
As a NOC Technician we expect you to:
- Represent the NOC in meetings/process changes and make recommendations on new procedures/ processes
- Prioritize work for the NOC technicians and manage inter-shift relations
- Act as a Liaison between SRE, monitoring teams, support and leadership for new processes, tools and knowledge transfers
- Work with NOC Lead technicians with complex tasks in creative and effective ways
- Identify, analyze, and initiate the escalation process based on the escalation criteria specified by the Splunk
- Assemble the escalation management team which includes the incident owner, problem owner, and other professionals in the specified area of expertise.
- Establish accurate expectations from the escalating procedures to ensurecustomer satisfaction throughout the escalation process.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration or Technical Operations
- You have hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/UNIX servers in a production environment.
- You have experience with puppet, Ansible, AWS
- You are team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are analytical, organized, know how to make a plan and execute it.
- You are calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage.
- You enjoy and excel at learning new skills and technologies.
- Bonus points if you have experience with incident response, have worked with Cloud tech and have an active GitHub profile.
- You have a take-charge personality, and the ability to drive a plan to completion.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a highly technical team.
- Ability to adhere to standards in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to thrive within an environment that relies heavily on the principles of teamwork.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly are necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Here's the fine print
TBD Position operates in a shift model, 4 or 5 days a week, 10 hours a day and is subject to change. TBD
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.