Senior Financial Analyst, Growth Finance
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with passion for our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth Finance, this person will support Splunk's Marketing and Pipeline management organizations. This is a highly visible role and will work closely with senior leadership across marketing, sales, and Finance organizations to accurately model and forecast the business and lead the strategic analysis to advise investment priorities. This role requires a good understanding of FP&A processes, strong analytical and financial modeling background, outstanding business partnership and communication skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and the ambiguity that comes with being part of a fast-growing organization. This is a high-exposure role and an excellent opportunity to build and own some of the key finance processes tied to Splunk’s revenue and growth.Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead FP&A processes, including planning, budgeting, forecast, close, and headcount management.
- Build presentations that summarize program performance and facilitate decision-making for Splunk management
- Perform analysis to evaluate program performance and impact on Pipeline generation and deal acceleration
- You will need to work on problems of diverse scope where the analysis of data requires evaluation across disparate data sources.
- Prior experience in Corporate financial planning & analysis, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, which enable you to work as a team with other Splunk functions and operations partners. You are transparent and openly share information. You have experience working with employees at all levels of a company.
- 5 years of related experience (Software, SaaS, Big 4, investment banking, or management consulting experience is a plus)
- This role is for doers; who get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating sophisticated financial information in an easy-to-understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Focus on simplifying. The highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics.
- Great attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills a must. Anaplan, SAP, Snowflake, Tableau, Alteryx, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Math or relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.