Contracts Manager, Commercial (Public Sector)
We seek a Contract Manager to support Splunk’s sales growth in AMER Public Sector sales theater, focusing on both United States Federal, and State, local government, and higher education pre-sales and sales-associated transactions.
Supporting pre-sales efforts, you will lead and own review and finalizing of non-disclosure and teaming agreements. You will provide subject matter expertise for certs & reps and RFX reviews. In addition, you will have the opportunity to support outbound, channel-focused cloud software subscriptions, and on-prem sales channel and professional services consulting contracts.
It is key that you are able to quickly interpret the contractual issues and certification requirements for enterprise cloud and on-prem products and services. You will understand agreements with prime contractors and other commercial entities transacting with public sector customers.
(Your experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts, Multi-State Procurement Contracts, Government ethics and procurement integrity issues, and special government certification requirements are strongly valued by us!)
We will encourage you to improve cross-team training materials, create process improvements, and playbooks. You can help us build for scale and growth! The role will report to Legal Director for the Public Sector.
Are you a dynamic individual interested in helping Splunk expand its government contracts business, the new cloud-based cybersecurity landscape, and cross-functional collaboration with sales and legal leaders? Do you want to work for one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
To succeed, the role requires you to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; work independently and build and manage relationships within Splunk; demonstrate flexibility in a dynamic environment; prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to a conclusion in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and strong presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Drive and handle complex COTS-based (FAR Part 12) contract negotiations in a "channel" environment with a focus on business development transactions.
- Assist with the administration and management of selected state government licensing contracts and third-party consultant contracts;
- Support our international direct and partner channel sales teams with enterprise cloud transactions;
- Resolve customer software and SaaS agreements, sales channel and service support contracts;
- Provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials (or JD from an accredited school);
- At least six years experience of US government and international governmental organizations (NATO, UN, World Bank, IMF, etc.) and higher education-related transactions, certs & reps, SaaS, cloud, professional services, and enterprise on-prem software;
- Previous experience in the legal department of a US-listed company preferred;
- Deep, substantive experience with complex agreements, working with two-tier sales partners, and experience working in fast-paced technology companies;
- Deep experience in addressing contractual issues in the FAR/DFARS, Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GSA, SEWP, etc.) cybersecurity, cloud, data security, and privacy matters strongly preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.