Principal Platform Product Manager (Remote, US Ok)
Principal Platform Product Manager
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningful to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a seasoned and deeply technical Platform Product Manager to own and drive critical initiatives in Splunk Platform. You will work closely with Platform service owners, Engineering, Architecture, and internal and external customers while working on next-generation multi-cloud platform capabilities including data, streaming, search, and machine learning.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, analytics and big data ecosystem to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's data platform service offering. Your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to be conceptualized and delivered to drive significant and impactful business outcomes.
You will work in the Data Platform area at Splunk, so a real appreciation for the needs of developers is vital, and a work history that includes some time in engineering roles is likely a plus. Ideally, you have experience running customer advisory boards.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align to business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, NOC, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 7+ years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager building search platform services/products focused on large scale search processing, query language, high availability, performance and scalability
- Familiarity with cloud data services, batch/stream data processing and metadata management
- Strong sense of customer compassion to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate sophisticated technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale search data platform, query language and optimizations
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented, fun, and dedicated peers you can learn and grow from.
- Free snacks, stocked kitchens, a rooftop patio, cold brew coffee and a host of other perks.
- Fun. It is literally one of our core tenets.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing employees by giving them ownership and leadership opportunities.
- Work life balance, with the ability to work at home at times, take extended vacations and enjoy your personal time.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.