Director of Platform Product Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role you will work with a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning and messaging of Splunk's Enterprise and Cloud platform and own market launches of new solutions. You will contribute to thought leadership, improving the Splunk brand and drive account based expansion programs and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. Working closely with key stakeholders, your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases, building the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to become successful.
As a Splunk Director of Platform Product Marketing, you will lead and evolve our New Product Introduction process, and be a key player in sales readiness initiatives. This role presents an excellent chance to define yourself in a growing, dynamic, and leading enterprise technology company. A consistent track record in technical product marketing roles, leading launches and driving field success is essential to success. If you are a product marketer who loves storytelling, and if you flourish in teamwork and communications-centered environments, then you want this job.
- Own marketing programs building thought leadership and awareness of the Splunk platform, demand gen activities and owning expansion and retention programs.
- Work closely with product management, sales specialists, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to develop and oversee content for website, programs, press communications, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, sales and channel training, online marketing, etc.
- Lead large-scale launch and Go-to-Market initiatives and develop intimate knowledge of Splunk product releases.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, analyst briefings, etc.
- Design, implement and track metrics on the programs you own. Execute quantifiable reporting to management. Effectively communicate results to peers and other senior business leaders across marketing, product and sales teams.
- Assist the field sales organization by driving enablement initiatives and providing expertise in specific sales situations.
- Lead a small team of platform marketeers including hiring and development of talent.
- 10+ years in a technical product marketing role with an enterprise software company or equivalent. 5+ years experience managing a team.
- Experience orchestrating successful product launches with experience building for scale and working with multiple cross organizational stakeholders.
- Strong, referenceable track record of partnering with high performing product management teams.
- Exceptional product marketing skills with the ability to understand complex technology and turn them into innovative marketing messages.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, great teammate and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- BS or MS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.