Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the EMEA Indexing team in our group, Data Platform. As part of the Data Platform team, we have some really interesting and challenging problems to solve. We deliver multi-tenant services in Cloud as well as on-premise solutions that are highly scalable and efficient. Doing this at scale, across cloud and on-premise, in a performant and secure way is a lot of fun. If you possess a passion for extraordinary technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working at the frontier of what is possible in the industry today, then this position is for you. We are on a journey from enterprise to the cloud and building state-of-the art solutions in these areas for batch, real-time data collection and processing that will greatly impact how our customers successfully use data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies. The team is awesome too - really great culture, lots of fun, and interesting challenges. What more could you want?
- Experience developing and delivering scalable distributed systems software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members to be successful.
- You are passionate about building and encouraging good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage, filesystem, distributed systems and information retrieval.
- Experience in cloud native technologies and running cloud-based services.
- Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming to support code-reviews and guiding engineers in one or more of the following languages: Golang,Python and C++
- Nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Partner with your manager, architect, product manager, and peers to ensure alignment of your team’s work in delivering search improvements to customers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting the engineers that are on-call for customer issues.
- Work with technical architects and teams to craft thoughtful approaches to evolving the indexing platform.
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain great developers.
What we provide
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.