Director, Web Technology
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Web Technology, focusing on generating demand and increasing brand visibility. You will lead a dynamic team of Web Engineers with the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of Splunk. As the leader of this team you will be responsible for the overall delivery, quality, communication, teamwork and people management of our Web Technology team. Working experience in B2B with Marketing Organizations is a big plus.
This role will be based at the San Francisco HQ location. This position will report into the Sr. Director, Web Marketing.
- Define and execute long-term technology initiatives to optimize site performance and security, increase team efficiency, and support business objectives
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Operations, and Engineering orgs on web development projects, including integration with other systems such as Eloqua and Salesforce
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure projects are prioritized and delivered on time
- Hiring, retaining and motivating a team of hardworking, critical thinking, and productive people
- Driving continuous innovation, making decisions based off data, collaborating with partners, peers and team.
- Build out, prioritize, and estimate long-term and quarterly roadmaps in collaboration with Web Program Manager’s.
- Lead time-sensitive and business-critical web applications, infrastructure and deployments.
- Handle web infrastructure budget and relationships with vendors
- 5+ years experience as a web engineering team leader, preferably managing a marketing website for a B2B tech company
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in full-stack web development with focus on content management systems like Adobe Experience Manager and OpenText.
- Expert knowledge of performance optimization and how it impacts user behavior and conversion
- Experience with multilingual websites and globally distributed publishing
- Experience with managing release cycles with CI/CD pipelines at scale, planning code freezes, and prioritization on deployments
- Strong leadership, adroit influencer, management communication, and presentation skills with experience maintaining relationships with internal business customers.
- Extraordinary engineering vision and customer advocacy orientation; a track record of anticipating technical challenges, understanding and identifying development solutions, with the operational foresight to achieve and launch scalable platforms.
- Experience managing live site operations for handling incidents, preparing runbooks for outages/issues and understanding the resolution process.
- Experience in microservices with Kubernetes (EKS specifically) is a major plus.
- Understanding of large scale data pipelines with heterogenous sources and destinations with real time stream processing to build scale.
- Proficiency in both Unix and Windows platforms, including scripting on respective platforms
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- A competitor and winner; good listener and uncommon ideation partner.
- Deliberative, fast thinker and strong leader with excellent soft skills
- Inspire confidence
- An individual of personal and business integrity who will be credible and trustworthy, both within the company as well as with external relations.
- Intuitive, strategic, and a conceptual global thinker with strong attention to data and detail
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.