Sr. Strategic Operations Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We’re looking for a hardworking, self-motivated individual with at least 12-years’ experience in strategic planning, business operations and C-Suite engagement in global technology companies to join our growing Legal and Global Affairs (LGA) team in the role of Strategic Operations Manager reporting to the LGA Chief of Staff, Head of Strategy & Operations. You will be managing priority initiatives, planning, articulating business needs, meeting objectives, and pivoting as priorities change. You will also be leading projects as assigned, tracking engagements and key initiatives, building consensus, assigning activities, and analyzing results. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced high-growth environment with a diverse team that gets things done and makes a difference.
You are polished and detail oriented, able to track multiple fast-moving projects, while still being strategic and consultative. You bring your can-do attitude and service mindset. Familiarity working with legal is a must, with specific experience in assisting across legal, finance, budgeting, strategy setting, and analysis.
In this role you will:
- Assist in developing strategic planning initiatives, including resource and budget planning and workforce strategy
- Maintain smooth operating cadence of the department, including crafting department communications, creating and publishing agendas and content, handling actions/follow-up process and coordinating logistics for business update and review meetings
- Lead projects and initiatives that drive scale and accountability and facilitate department and Splunk business objectives
- Monitor status and execution, providing clear communications to all levels of leadership
- Prepare presentations, manage documents and status reports for C-Suite, including Chief Legal Officer
- Create charters, timelines and project plans
- Provide input regarding data analysis to allow LGA leadership to make data-driven business decisions
- Draft intra- and inter-department communications
- Take a continuous improvement approach to our LGA team and the business; Identify areas where improvements can be made
- Assist in other ways as required, including owning or supporting ad-hoc strategic projects
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA strongly preferred.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience in strategy, operations, strategy and business planning, strategic management
- At least eight (8) years of project or business management experience in a major law firm, sophisticated in-house legal department, or consulting firm where you have worked closely with legal professionals
- Experience in a Chief of Staff or similar role influencing senior executives strongly preferred
- Exemplary project management, communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business. Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to ensure accountability in others.
- Ability to take initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within a team. You will prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving environment
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working with a fast moving, dynamic and friendly team
- Expertise in project management and legal operations software, office tools (Microsoft Office, G Suite), and collaboration tools
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.