Finance Manager, Global Customer Success
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a high caliber, enthusiastic and self-motivated finance professional with experience in the software industry, preferably at a SaaS-based company. In this role, you will partner closely with the Professional Services, Education, and Renewals leadership team to meet their strategic financial objectives. The position reports to the Sr. Director of the Customer Success Finance team.
This position requires focus on both existing and evolving financial metrics consistent with Splunk’s overall business model transition. It is a unique and interesting opportunity for an exceptional leader to collaborate with the Services & Renewals leadership team and influence strategic decisions via sound data-driven strategic analysis.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with key partners (Sales VP, Sales Finance Director, Finance Business Partners) to deliver analytical support and enable insights into business performance
- Manage overall Services P&L’s and support management decision making to drive efficiency and increase profitability.
- Build smart, sustainable, robust financial models for forecasting, planning, and ad hoc analyses
- Drive complex subscriptions and renewals analysis and drive forecast integrity
- Manage quarter-end executive reporting and presentations, support monthly and quarterly operations review, and quarterly business reviews
- Own the monthly and quarterly financial close process to ensure accurate recording of expenses and revenue within the period.
- Provide strategic and tactical support on annual budgeting and planning process
- Communicate effectively to key stakeholders around process updates, key deliverables, and timelines
- Streamline procedures and drive process change with business applications to improve overall effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally to drive efficient processes and leverage best practices
- Liaise with Sales Finance HQ, Revenue Accounting, Corporate FP&A and other cross functional teams as required
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CFA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of related experience
- Superior knowledge of excel with advanced knowledge of pivot tables, lookups, and logical functions a must and must be proficient in PowerPoint
- Highly energetic and self-motivated; ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction and information
- Strong business and analytical skills; ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a continually evolving environment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, experience and desire to work cross-functionally and be a contributing team member
- Strong aptitude for and experience with financial software (e.g., SAP, Anaplan, Qlikview, SFDC)
- Proven track record of managing large datasets with the ability to tackle complex issues using financial models and quantitative analysis
- Prior experience in a software/SaaS company
- Exposure to renewal rate/churn Subscription analysis
- Experience with Services capacity modeling.
- Financial planning & analysis experience
- Exposure to COGS in a services-based organization
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.