Analyst Relations Specialist - Contractor (REMOTE)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
We are looking for a candidate who is truly passionate about data and the power of data-driven insights to solve the world's really big problems. Ideally, the candidate spent time in Analyst Relations, Product Marketing, Marketing Communications or other related functional areas. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated strong leadership skills, creativity, and strengths in marketing messaging, positioning and operationalizing the AR programs. We value collaboration, a penchant for aiming high and a can-do attitude.
This role will be critical in helping to manage and augment the Analyst Relations team capacity for Splunk, including working with analysts core to Splunk’s business in Security Operations, IT Monitoring and Operations (including Application Performance Monitoring, AIOps, and emerging notion around Observability,) Data platforms, Cloud and Multi-Cloud platforms and more. This person will have the opportunity to learn from a group of seasoned and experienced AR professionals who are best in class. This is a great opportunity to help extend and evolve the Analyst Relations program in a highly dynamic, fast-growing company in an incredibly relevant business managing Fortune 1000’s most valuable data. The AR Specialist plays a key role in providing connective tissue across the analyst relations team as well as the broader Splunk marketing team as well as the senior management executives across product, product marketing, go-to-market teams.
- Support AR leads with day-to-day program execution including regular analyst engagements via ongoing inquiries, briefings, advisory and relationship building with a set of target analysts
- Take detailed notes during analyst interactions and work with AR leads to surface analyst feedback to help guide the company’s strategy and direction
- Manage and be a part of message creation and positioning for all analyst related presentations and deliverables, including briefings and advisory sessions and competitive analyst evaluations collaborating with the Splunk AR team
- Manage AR program operations that includes working with campaigns teams to get analyst reports in all the right channels for promotions and follow it through the lifecycle of the analyst asset from activation to retirement, field ad-hoc market research requests, AR event support such as .conf, own the analyst newsletter program and 1:many communications to the analyst community
- Manage project management and logistics around producing virtual events for the time being and in-person events over time
- Ensure that the team is updating their interactions in our AR tracking system (we use ARchitect today)
- Assist the team lead on user reviews that are getting integrated with analyst research such as Gartner Peer Insights and TrustRadius.
- Regularly share analyst report summaries to appropriate teams and into internal communication channels
- A can-do-attitude and a proven track record of delivering results.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Solid organizational skills: Capacity to work on multiple projects and competing deadlines in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the AR leads, analysts, and across the company.
- 2-3+ years of enterprise software experience in analyst relations, corporate communications, product marketing, and other marketing functions. Ideally, the candidate has had direct experience in analyst relations as a part of their career.
- Experience working for a fast-growing company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexible on location
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]m. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.