Cloud Ops – Change Manager
Cloud Ops Change Manager
As our Cloud Ops Change Manager, you will take ownership of the production change approval process for the splunk cloud environment. You will work closely with product engineering teams, site reliability engineering and other cloud teams as appropriate to coordinate and collect approvals for production changes. Our production change process includes standard and emergency changes which require different levels of review and approval. Most importantly, you are the sanity check and a safety valve for our production cloud platform. You are empowered to do things differently, understanding the consequences and instill a sense of accountant ability amongst teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assist Cloud infrastructure and SRE teams to ensure process compliance and clear definition of requested changes.
- Constantly seeking opportunities for process improvement, detailing process changes and communicating these to the wider team.
- Providing weekly metrics/status for the production environment (Dashboards or other critical metric delivery methods).
- Conduct analyses to identify potential points of service failure, launching service improvement actions that provide solutions to the perceived exposure.
- Lead weekly Cloud CAB meetings.
- Assist in classification of changes & in identifying appropriate risks to the environment
- Act as point of escalation for teams for all changes, providing teams with the tools they need to submit, update, approve and implement as quickly as possible
- Verify and sign-off on compliance related tasks related to change approval and authority.
- Love to wear multiple hats and keep all the plates spinning.
- You have good communication skills and are committed to utilizing your teamwork abilities to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment; while maintaining composure, demonstrating leadership, and building positive relationships with the team across the organization.
- Experience in a fast-growing, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Ability to help drive program change management success by defining strategic roadmap and tactical plan (included how to delegate relevant activities to change management team members when appropriate)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 8+ years in and around fast paced Cloud environments supporting infrastructure changes.
- You have ITIL process management experience, and passionate about change
- You have strong time management skills; ability to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines, work with others and follow through to execute all tasks
- You have experience with Jira
- You are familiar with AWS, GCP and Splunk
- Open to remote nationwide
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.