Director of Applied Machine Learning Experiences
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Machine Learning team is building a new platform called Sparta and this platform will be used to build assistive intelligence experiences (AIEs). These AIEs enable Splunk customers to accomplish their tasks while using real-time user feedback to build self-tuning cloud services. The focus of the selected candidate will be to manage the AIE portfolio and automate simple tasks and processes by harnessing the power of Big Data, cloud, and data science to aid in actionable decision-making and system remediation.
Create the capability to make intelligent recommendations, detect anomalies, and help users prioritize events and alerts.
Create libraries, services, and SDK to accelerate AIE development.
Lead a team of engineers and researchers that collaborate with product and applied research teams to build ML features into a wide variety of products across Splunk.
• Recruit, mentor, and grow world class engineers and managers
• Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
• Manage the AIE portfolio (the assistive intelligence experiences)
• Help define technical direction and architecture with engineering team members.
• Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
• Drive practices in training and development, and drive efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
• Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
• 10+ years of hands-on technical experience.
• 4+ years of direct management experience of highly technical managers and engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. We will consider equivalent practical experience
• Experience in delivering multiple complex technical projects within an Agile environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiar with machine learning and data science workflows.
• Expertise in developing software on a public cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure).
• Expertise in developing software with stream processing technology (Kafka, AWS Kinesis).
• Proficiency with backend systems built using microservices, containerized infrastructure, and modern continuous delivery practices.
• Demonstrated ability to build a culture of team building and people management.
• Demonstrated ability to reach stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.