Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
With minimal supervision and considerable latitude for independent judgment and discretion, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Chief People Officer. The ideal candidate will be a polished, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, great judgment, and anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate. While we expect a high level of professionalism and integrity, we also embrace light-heartedness, humor, and fun in our employees. This position will report to the Chief People Officer and will be located in our Santana Row, CA office with potential visits to our San Francisco Headquarters.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Provide varied administrative support to executives, including but not limited to expense reports, managing special projects and group task lists, assisting in email responses, event planning, and calendar management.
- Calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex and multiple participant executive or customer meetings
- Assist in scheduling and managing all employee yearly reviews in the groups.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complicated domestic and international travel.
- Manage Executive onsite visits.
Requirements: I’ve already got that!
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of administrative experience with at least 6 years of Executive experience
- Ability to effectively represent the organization in its relationships with investors, customers, the media, and other constituents
- Ability to proactively manage projects in a fast-moving environment
- Previous experience supporting an HR organization is highly desirable
- High integrity and ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Polished, customer-facing
- Ability to quickly and independently execute
- A good sense of humor
- Holds oneself to a high standard and expects that of others
- Detail-oriented and customer service focused
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to be proactive with minimal direction
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments
- Experience with fast-growing organizations is a plus, as is experience working in a software company
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Quarterly travel may be required
Education: Got it!
Knowledge of the business environment as typically obtained through five or more years of relevant work experience and the completion of a degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.