Senior Engineering Manager, Platform
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can join our journey.
This Senior Manager for Engineering will lead critical services within our Platform umbrella. Success will be measured by your ability to build and lead your team as part of our overall engineering strategy. You will seamlessly integrate within our innovative culture and contribute to our excellent record for delivering market leading solutions. You are a seasoned leader with a demonstrated history building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while fostering an environment of inclusion, creativity, and innovation.
Our Data Collection team is a dynamic technology group that builds and manages all of the Splunk supported customer facing applications and add-ons to ingest data into the Splunk platform for all key cloud, security and IT sources. We deal with challenges of ingesting and processing data at scale and in a reliable and real-time manner. If you possess a passion for extraordinary technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working at the frontier of what is possible in the industry today, then this position is for you.
We are looking for a proven, seasoned engineering leader to lead key elements of our customer data onboarding systems. You will build and lead an elite team of engineers who will be working on systems that will power the next generation of Splunk and enable ever deeper customer insights.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and develop an engineering team, focused on making our industry leading technology even more valuable to our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Be able to get involved at the technical level and be very familiar with the technical work and design and development of the features and be able to get involved in design discussions as required.
- You will be the liaison between your team, Senior Management, Product Management and other cross-functional teams to drive the roadmap and strategy for your product area.
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Be an advocate of scalable and extensible, recoverable, manageable architecture for Core products and services.
- Experience leading engineering teams working on large scale data pipelines, CI/CD infrastructure and processing systems
- Experience hiring and cultivating teams.
- Experience developing new products and infrastructure, either in small companies or within the context of larger organizations. A mix of start-up and bigger company experience is a plus.
- Experience working within geographically distributed organizations.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Consistent track record of delivering scalable, high performance, and high quality software systems.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and industry trends for enterprise-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong technical acumen, creativity, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 12+ years of industry experience, of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.