Senior Financial Analyst, Customer Success
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you innately curious, passionate about building analyses and a truth seeker using financial data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, balance multiple priorities, and handle the ambiguity that comes in a dynamic and fast growing Customer Success organization.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Success Finance, this lead is a spreadsheet guru who will build functional bookings, revenue and expense models and apply heavy data analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape strategy. You will be deeply involved in planning, forecasting, monthly and quarterly closes, and most importantly driving the business forward. This is an outstanding opportunity to become the key FP&A lead supporting Customer Success Services & Renewals executives and own crucial Finance processes and workstreams.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Quickly establish positive relationships and become a key advisor for our Customer Success Services & Renewals leadership teams and their respective teams allowing you to build a solid understanding of data inputs and outputs.
- Roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts for bookings, revenue and expense, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast. Intimately involved in all investment tracking (headcount, programmatic spend, etc.) and ensuring accurate close of the books.
- Prepare management reporting / dashboards for Executives - analyze results, distill/synthesize business performance indicators, assess business risk and operating performance, and communicate risks and opportunities in a timely manner to management.
- Build and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions. Key models include: P&L’s for Professional Services & Education, resource capacity planning for Renewals, Renewal Rate analysis and more.
- Identify and drive optimization of financial performance through improvement recommendations, influence leadership consensus, and implement solutions across the organization.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model, associated key metrics and concepts is a must.
This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
Demonstrated success in developing and applying Finance concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
Enjoys open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
Outstanding software and system skills (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite and Workday experience a plus.
Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
Education: Got it!
Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.