Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g., ETL, ELT, Cloud Databases and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise-level data lake solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The individual is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering data pipelines for Splunk’s enterprise data platform, democratizing datasets, enabling advanced analytics capabilities, integrating data from various systems, and applications. You will work as part of an evolving Data Technologies Team to rapidly design, secure, build, test and release new data enablement capabilities. The role will collaborate closely with other specialists, InfoSec Consultants, Product Managers & Owners, and internal customers.
- Set the technical direction for data integration and establish a data processing framework for Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines using the cloud data technologies, such as Snowflake, Matillion, FiveTran, Python, Apache Airflow and Apache Kafka
- Serve as a resource for data management implementations on other technology teams and collaborate with data owners, business owners, and leaders.
- Supports the design and development of framework based data integration and interoperability across multiple Splunk Business applications.
- Advanced knowledge of physical database design and data structures.
- Expert knowledge of one or more database management systems such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake.
- Expert level skills in SQL, data integration, data modeling and data architecture.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Warehouse Architect or Data Engineer.
- 1+ years of experience driving adoption and building automation of data management services and tools.
- 1+ years of experience with API based ELT automation framework, data management, or interface design, development and maintenance.
- Large scale design, implementation and operations of Cloud data storage technologies such as AWS Redshift and Snowflake.
- 1+ years of experience with programming scripting and data science languages such as Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience with data management platforms (e.g. Matillion, FiveTran, Talend)
- Experience in building data models, including conceptual, logical, and physical for Enterprise Relational, and Dimensional Databases.
- Working knowledge of Big Data concepts in organizing both structured and unstructured data is a big plus
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Splunk products
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.