Senior UI Designer, Design Systems
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are enthusiastic about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you enthusiastic about both user interfaces and data? Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping users quickly turn big data into valuable insights? If so, Splunk would love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our passionate, fast-paced Design Systems team and help create a modular, inclusive system of patterns & guidelines which support all Splunk’s customer-facing products. Candidates should have a track record of crafting end-to-end experiences across multiple functional areas using user-centered design, visual design, and ideally, shipping products across multiple platforms such as web, Android, and iOS. Coding & prototyping experiences especially in React are a huge plus!
Candidates should also be comfortable in a highly technical yet ambiguous environment. Moreover, we work in a dynamic, iterative development environment, so the ability to communicate effectively verbally & visually, and collaborate with many different developers and product managers is a requirement.
- Design high quality, reusable UI components that are used commonly across Splunk products, across mobile, watch, and desktop form factors
- Work closely with eng & PM, and motion design counterparts to ensure components are built to spec
- Understand requirements from multiple complex Splunk products on how best our system can support them, proactively collaborate with design leads across multiple product areas, PM, and eng, to form consensus
- Develop documentation on how our components can be used, and iterate on our system by listening to feedback coming in or proactively solicit feedback
- Be a key contributor in maintaining a high quality bar across Splunk Design org by providing guidance/advice based on our documentation
- Be a key contributor to forming our design systems vision for the next 2-3 years
- You will have the opportunity to work as a team with peers and teammates on interactions, behaviors and experience design while helping our amazing engineering team execute and build these experiences and features.
- 8+ years of experience
- Communicating your ideas and concepts - both verbally and visually, through clear documentation
- Working within a visual design language and guideline to design thoughtful, well-crafted solutions while helping to define that same language
- Turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Testing and exploring different ideas at various fidelities of prototypes
- Working independently as well as within a team
- You have experience with working with any of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Framer, Webflow, Supernova, UXPin, Invision etc
- We give preference to experience with crafting a web application: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- We also give preference to experience with visual design/finesse, and shipping products that have launched
- You have a general interest and/or passion in design systems
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.