Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager - Observability/APM
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager with a focus on Competitive Intelligence (CI) who will help to drive Splunk’s competitive intelligence across our IT Ops and Observability product portfolios. This Product Manager (PdM) will deliver data-driven insights on our competitive edge to advise key product decisions, support product marketing in positioning, and to enable our field sales team to compete effectively in the field. We see this role as being the go-to-expert on key competitors and will influence decision making ultimately improving our competitiveness in the market.
You will report into the Product organization and work closely with our Go to Market (GTM) organization (Field Sales and Product Marketing teams) to position Splunk’s products against our competitors in the marketplace.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with deep technical knowledge of the markets we play in as well as our key competitors and their offerings; be the ‘go-to-expert’ for IT Ops and Observability
You will provide data-driven, impactful insights on Splunk’s true competitive positioning based on primary and secondary research to increase Splunk’s competitiveness and then present your findings
You will track major competitive announcements and build awareness of competitive dynamics including identification of emerging competitive threats and market trends
You will ensure that current, accurate and relevant competitive intelligence is easily accessible to Splunkers
You will help install and conduct hands-on contending product evaluations to assess the strengths and weaknesses of Splunk’s products against opposing products
You will synthesize findings and support the Product Marketing team with content, communications and positioning as well as product launch strategies derived from your analysis
You will collaborate with Field Sales to develop collateral and enable teams on how to sell effectively against our competitors
You will facilitate win/loss analysis and assume onus for the analysis and feedback process from the field back to the product teams
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of related experience (e.g., Product Management, Competitive Intelligence, Sales Engineering, Product/Technical Marketing)
- 2+ years of experience installing and assessing competitive deals
- Strong technical knowledge of Application Performance Management and IT Operations Monitoring solutions and understanding of the needs of DevOps or IT Operations buyers
- A curiosity to learn new technologies, an ability to self-start and the discipline to prioritize while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment will make you successful in this role
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Certifications as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- Experience working directly with Field Sales and Product Marketing teams
- Experience and/or knowledge of IT Ops and Observability products
- Experience and/or knowledge of Splunk IT Ops and Observability products
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun, and dedicated peers all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing Splunkers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes...No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.