Cloud Infrastructure Architect
The infrastructure architect is a domain-level architect who can demonstrate mastery of multiple infrastructure subject areas. This includes, but is not limited to: network engineering, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), storage, virtualization, client platform engineering, and compute. Moreover, this role requires deep experience with service design and operations methodologies to ensure solutions are scalable, manageable, and measurable.
Directly aligned with the VP of IT Infrastructure and Operations, the key focus of this role is to provide holistic oversight of all infrastructure design areas. You will be responsible for driving infrastructure transformation at a hyper growth company focused on highly scalable, resilient, and secured infrastructure services to meet enterprise service level standards.You will lead the effort of creating our multi-year technology strategy and roadmap with a primary focus of becoming a cloud-first infrastructure environment.
Finally, this role will work in close concert with the enterprise architecture team at Splunk to ensure all designs and solutions adhere to enterprise frameworks and standards.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
You will define and drive architecture standards and patterns across all Corp Infrastructure teams. Guide engineers on the alignment of solution implementations conforming to evolving standards.
You will define and embed observability best practices, tools, and standards into the implementation of net new capabilities as well as refactoring existing solutions.
You will own the technology infrastructure roadmap and work closely with business partners, architecture and engineering leads to set priorities, deliver on-time, within budget and with high quality.
You will act as a role model and mentor for the Infrastructure organization leading and guiding solution architects to achieve architectural initiatives as well as leveraging winning strategies.
You will server as a member of the Architectural Review Board consisting of enterprise architect, application, data and security architect leads. This committee will work towards enterprise-wide architectural alignment, devising architectural solutions, and participating in architectural design.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of combined experience as an infrastructure engineer, lead, and architect
- 4 years’ experience as an infrastructure architect at a rapidly scaling, global company delivering solutions running in Cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Expert level knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid familiarity with Google Compute Cloud (GCP) and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of next-gen best of breed networking topologies (SDWan) and hardware stack
- Understanding of application-level load-balancing design and security tooling
- Proven experience in implementing outstanding security practices across the infrastructure ecosystem
- Understanding of core NOC/SOC capabilities
- An ability to lead with DevOps methodologies
- Comfortable with immutable infrastructure/infrastructure as code (IaaC) paradigms
- Site reliability engineering (SRE) expertise around service design and operations, incident management, and observability
- Strategic thinker with a high level of situational intelligence to be able to work with a diverse workforce with differing opinions
- High degree of technical competency (strong engineering foundation) with a passion around execution and delivery
- Comfortable presenting to C-level leaders in ways that build confidence and support, and enables strategic decision making
- Skilled in influencing and engaging 360 – own team, peers, multi-functional leaders and executives
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Current certifications in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with Client Platform Engineering (CPE), Identity & Access Management (IAM), and Collaboration functions
- Experience in scaling technologies such as JAMF, Puppet, Absolute, OKTA, Sailpoint, Slack, G Suite, etc.
- TOGAF / Zachman framework familiarity
- Agile certifications
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.