Director, Technical Enablement
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Global Technical Enablement Leader to join our team! This is an incredible opportunity to create and deliver best-in-class technical learning experiences for employees, partners, and customers. The right leader can provide strategic vision and also execute tactically. You will use your knowledge of how people learn, experience with education technology, and deep technical background to help us expand, evolve, and modernize our technical educational programs.
- Create and execute a technical enablement strategy, process and prioritized offering roadmap that ensures all Splunkers and partners receive the right technical education at the right time. Build an operating framework of standards and key KPI’s to demonstrate the execution to the strategy.
- Lead a team who will contribute to, and complete activities within, a content lifecycle process to ensure a timely and sustainable alignment with product releases. Including program management, documentation, onboarding and ongoing enablement curriculum.
- Own release readiness for Customer Success. Own systems, processes and influence so the CS teams are represented with Product Team Leads (Dev, PMO, Doc, QA) on new Product introductions. Ensure new products/releases meet CS New Product Introduction (NPI) checklist in preparation for product release
- Facilitate organization-wide collaboration to promote learner-first development, reinforce consistently and clear messaging, and reduce redundant efforts.
- Create a framework that measures and ensures effectivity of the enablement based on business and customer goals.
- Review, analyze, and take appropriate action on learner and stakeholder feedback.
- Deliver onsite and online courses periodically to stay connected to our consumers.
- Implement, manage, and promote the effective use of education technology such as learning management systems, video-sharing services, and content development tools.
- Engage, persuade and build partnerships with various stakeholders involved in technical and foundational skills development to define needs and deliver appropriate enablement
- Facilitate sourcing of subject matter experts to support enablement content development that can be adjusted to meet the needs of technical audiences with varying levels of technical depth
- At least 10 years of experience delivering and creating technical training at Enterprise/Saas companies
- Project management skills and/or certification or demonstrated success in managing competing priorities on-time and on-budget
- Understand the customer facing technical ecosystem including the diverse enablement needs of various functions like presales, delivery, support and partners
- Experience with education technology such as learning management systems, sales enablement platforms, video services, content development tools, and virtual delivery platforms.
- Knowledge of Splunk, monitoring, networking, and security.
- Proven ability to influence and closely partner with:
- Customer Success Field Leadership to ensure our programs are meeting the needs of our professional services, sales engineers, and technical support agent.
- Product Management and Engineering to align product releases with content updates.
- Internal instructional designers to create instructional sound, engaging, and interactive sales enablement content.
- Other Global Field Enablement team members who are creating sales enablement and product-based learning experiences.
- Proven ability to work independently with a “make it happen” attitude; able to operate and execute in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; problem solver and quick learner
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.