Product Designer, Observability (Remote)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk believes that design is able to make the world different and be a better place. Have you ever wondered how a team finds that one line of production code that brought an entire app or website to a grinding halt? Are you the kind of teammate who gets excited about the idea of helping Developers, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineers seek and find that code to save the day?
Well, we are looking for a Product Designer, Observability (Remote) who is passionate about designing the tools that will help our users to be that much faster to get from issue to resolution, make isolating the source of an outage or problem incredibly easy and fast, troubleshoot much more efficiently, and do it all before the first wave of caffeine ever sets in!
What you’ll do:
- Working in the Observability (O11y) Product Design team to design new and improved user experiences for Splunk’s O11y Logs and Infrastructure products.
- Day-to-day design your projects with corresponding mid-senior autonomy.
- Design user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Distill and communicate technically complex use cases into easily understood concepts and design solutions.
- Collaborate and align with peer design team members.
- Partnering with engineering to ensure that design artifacts and prototypes are clearly communicated and prepared for successful implementation.
- Partner with user research to deeply understand user needs. Speak with users and clients frequently. Test design concepts with customers and conduct usability studies.
- Working together with the user experience research team to solicit user input and use it to craft product development efforts
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years prior experience in Product or User Experience Design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in a remote environment
- Experience collaborating with other designers, product managers, and engineers - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project ambiguity and willing to learn and experiment with new skills and tools
- Experience designing highly technical products on a wide variety of services and devices.
- Understanding of, using, and contributing to integrated design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high-level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Proficient in designing prototypes to communicate complex design concepts to users and project partners
- Adept in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (We use Figma and Framer)
- Degree in HCI or related Design program, or relevant experience in lieu of degree
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with technically sophisticated tasks in SaaS tools and environments, product deployment, data ingestion, visualization, and management.
- Experience designing for data-rich products and incorporating data visualizations
- Experience in Observability, IT, Logs, System Monitoring, or other areas where complex analysis is needed.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.