Sr. Analyst - Operational Risk, Advisory & Assurance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Senior Analyst focused on delivering assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services. This position promotes working relationships with corporate and international management in a consultative, partnership role regarding risk mitigation, process gaps, maturity and internal controls management. You are detail oriented, analytical, upbeat, self starter and someone who thrives in a dynamic environment. This position ensures internal control measures are in place, company standards and applicable regulatory requirements are being met. You will be located at Splunk’s San Jose/San Francisco office and be a member of our Global Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team. The position may require willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international) for approximately 10 to 20% of the time.
- You will be involved in planning and executing on Process / Operations / Technology / Financial reviews of various functions / areas / business processes within Splunk.
- You will partner with business owners on new and ongoing business transformation projects by providing assurance and advisory services on appropriate processes, controls and risk mitigation measures.
- You will ensure proper identification and mitigation of risks/processes/ internal control gaps that have potential operational, financial, strategic and compliance risk implications to the company.
- You will engage with cross-functional partners for analyzing problems, assessing risk, developing improvement opportunities and/or corrective actions, building consensus and supporting implementation of remediation solutions.
- You will monitor achievement of committed action plans to ensure follow through and help mitigate of identified risks.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of experience, including process, systems, operational, financial review/re-engineering/compliance/audit/ attestation in a Big 4 consulting or large global public company or a combination thereof.
- Knowledge and experience in financial/process/operational/technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Proficient in business process/systems/technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- Well-established understanding of business dynamics and operations.
- Good judgment and confidence in resolving matters requiring Board or management attention.
- Strong leadership, social, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Essential that you are a team-player with high EQ and strong ability to network.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and works with minimal direct supervision to multitask and lead workload to timely completion.
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language a plus.
- Experience in software industry/cloud technology/cloud business models is desirable.
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts a plus.
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional certifications e.g. CPA, MBA, CISSP, CIPP, PMP, CIA or CFE is a plus.
- Skilled in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint with a general understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Familiar with SAP or another ERP system a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.