Principal Software Engineer (React) (Remote available)
Join us in our mission to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and celebrating each other’s success.
Splunks' Dashboard Framework team is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, changing trends in use of our products and answer our customers` questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data.
In this role you will focus on building an intuitive data analytics user experience. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering and design, utilizing modern web technologies to help our customers make informed decisions and find answers to their business questions.
What you'll do
- You'll build world-class data analytics experiences.
- You’ll develop and maintain data visualization components used by our internal and external product teams.
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, Design, frontend and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You are passionate about web technology, reusability, componentization, and building for scale.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You have experience with client-side data processing, rendering performance, and visualizations.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Bonus: Experience with popular data visualization libraries such as d3.js, HighCharts, Leaflet/Mapbox GLJS
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. Engineers develop skills through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Work/life balance.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.