Strategic Alliance Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about helping field sales team sell more through partners and the channel? Do you want to help take Splunk to the next level and redefine the way we do business? If you answered yes to these questions then Splunk might be the place for you! We are seeking an inventive, creative and driven, Channel Sales Professional to drive revenue growth and build strategic relationships with key global alliance partners.
You, as Partner Sales Manager(individual contributor), will lead Splunk’s GTM strategy and execution in Japan with two of Splunk’s largest Global Alliances – Accenture and AWS. You will align with the global strategy for each of these partnerships, and then own, build, lead, and launch a local plan to accelerate and scale the growth of Splunk’s business to, through, and with these strategic alliance partners in the Japanese market. You will be responsible for defining the strategy for segmenting the market, developing a plan for how to build joint business with these partners across Japan, and execute the plan. The individual will manage the day to day interactions with Accenture and AWS and the Splunk account sales teams. Additionally the individual will work with our Global Partner Marketing team to build and drive Field co-marketing initiatives that will serve to facilitate the execution with these strategic alliances.
- Engage Partner sales organization and client teams to define a GTM strategy, create and drive new revenue opportunities for Splunk and the Partners (Accenture and AWS)
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using Splunk with named Partners
- Manage the pipeline and quarterly execution with/to/through the Partners in Japan. Report pipeline metrics up to APAC and Global Partner Management
- Own the Executive relationships with the Partners in Japan
- Own and drive go-to-market activities with Partners
- Develop and execute enablement plans to meet sales and delivery needs
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management teams – both Splunk and Partner
- Exceed revenue targets and metrics
- 10+ years of business development or strategic account sales experience within enterprise software. Security software sales a plus. Experience partnering with Accenture or AWS required
- 5+ recent years managing GTM relationships with strategic alliance partners
- 5+ years’ experience with direct sales (hunter/carrier and exceeded quota) to large enterprises
- A strong, verifiable track record of managing complex, revenue generating relationships
- Referenceable relationships with relevant strategic alliances
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services
- Experience defining, implementing and managing go-to-market activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional teams
- Reputation of success and you are known for building relationships with various partners in your defined region
- You have a positive presence in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure deals into MSPs is a plus
- You thrive in a dynamic, high growth, fast-paced environment
- B.S. / B.A. required, technical majors a plus, i.e. engineering, computer science
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.