Principal Software Engineer C/C++
Join us as we pursue our innovative vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about working on critical systems to create tangible customer impact? Would you like the opportunity to work at a growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you.
Our team is a dynamic technology group with a mission to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. If you possess a passion for outstanding technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working on highly scalable systems that handle large volumes of data, this position is for you. We are building state-of-the art capabilities, data processing and search systems, support tools, security frameworks and automation instrumentation that will greatly impact how our customers successfully use data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.
- Technical leadership of the team’s deliverables
- Participate in the complete software development cycle: Understand requirements, design, develop, test, automate and deploy software
- Identify and resolve pre-production system bottlenecks and production issues
- Engage in design and code reviews of the product, and enhance your knowledge of customers’ experiences to prevent future problems
- Make code maintainable and the product diagnosable and serviceable
- Participate in rotating on-call duties to diagnose and solve customer issues.
- Own features from start to finish; Mentor junior engineers
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering: data structures and algorithms
- Coding proficiency in one or more of the following languages with the ability to quickly learn new languages: Java, Go, Python, C++
- Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills including the use of associated tools
- Experience in developing CI/CD systems and test automation frameworks
- Ability to document your work for the benefit of the team
- Knowledge of REST, grpc or similar communication paradigms
- Linux proficiency: Excited to apply system administration experience and comfort in developing or creatively addressing challenges via a linux/unix console.
- Knowledge of public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- You are driving operational excellence on the team and think beyond feature delivery into how your code is serving customers in production
WHAT WE OFFER
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
- Balance. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.