Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you looking to make an impact?
The work you do will directly influence the experience the careers of your direct reports. As Functional Manager, you will create meaningful relationships with your team focusing on team development and resourcing. You will make a deep impact through strategic workforce planning and your natural inspirational leadership. Are you up for the challenge?
What will you be doing?
- Manage team compliance and operational cadence – time and expense, ensure project status is completed by team, compliance & ethics, etc
- Approve time, expenses, PTO, and complete other management approvals and administrative requirements on time
- Build workforce plans to ensure the right mix of staff and skills to meet the business needs
- Recruit, hire, on-board, and retain people to drive exceptional team performance
- Contribute to ensuring people are being effectively utilised, balancing utilisation with professional development, PTO, best practice contributions, etc.
- Reward and recognise employees that deliver exceptional customer value and set examples of leadership
- Review the performance of team members on a regular basis, and provide written performance plans
- Ensure team is setup for success. Remove roadblocks and issues that negatively impact their performance
- Define and coordinate adequate coaching and mentoring of team, either directly or through others
- Encourage and support professional development and career growth of team
- Motivate your team by building a culture that rewards delivering customer value and developing a world class consulting organization
That sounds great - what experience do you need?
- Solid experience in a Services role, ideally in a software company or industry leading services organization
- Experience directly or indirectly leading a team of staff, including direct experience with:
- Recruiting, ideally as a hiring manager
- Delivering performance reviews
- Building development plans
- Compensation planning
- Talent reviews and succession planning
- Formal and informal recognition programs
- Dealing with complex HR issues
- Experience building business cases and hiring justifications
- Experience with necessary forecasting for the role, revenue, utilization, signings, etc
- Experience with formal coaching and mentoring programs
- Experience working with and across multiple SPLUNK organizations to accomplish business objectives, including IT, HR, Finance, etc.
- Experience developing and leveraging third-party subcontractors
- Experience with regional labor laws
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.