Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Building one of the world’s fastest growing enterprise software companies requires a Growth Mindset, and Splunk’s People Team members embody this in everything we do. We encourage excellence, drive outstanding performance and work as a team to rise above constraints. We live Splunk values to build a world-class place to work.
Success in a steady and predictable business doesn’t translate to success at Splunk. We thrive in sophisticated networks and build connections internally and externally to deliver results today, while looking ahead and planning for rapid, scalable growth. On the journey we reap the rewards of working with a fun, diverse, distributed team of the best in the business, where everyone's voice matters and ideas come to life.
Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partners, and as member of a thriving team, you are a creative problem solver responsible for the development and delivery of innovative people solutions for key client groups. You support management in the achievement of strategic objectives through providing consultative support and delivering programs in all areas of strategic human resources including compensation, performance management, recruiting, workforce planning, organizational design, and employee engagement
You recognize that innovative Human Resources means understanding business imperatives and translating them into practical and sophisticated solutions that drive tangible results. While you will operate at a strategic level with senior leaders, you can move seamlessly to an operational mode and turn ideas into action.
- Partnering with leaders on a range of activities including: leadership capability, performance management, team efficiency and organization design.
- Utilizing people analytics and metrics to develop solutions that address gaps and capitalize on opportunities.
- Supporting organizational resilience by developing the capacity and readiness for change.
- Providing expert guidance and support on addressing performance concerns/issues with the client group.
- Appling sophisticated knowledge of employment law, and exercising good judgement to effectively resolve employment relations issues in partnership with leaders and legal team resources.
- Supporting workforce planning, recruiting and initiatives to ensure that the short, medium and long-term needs of the business are met.
- Advising on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year.
- Ensuring end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnerships across all People functions.
Skills You'll Use Every Day
Success in the role is achieved through consistently demonstrating behaviours associated with a set of core skills. You have embodied these skills in an environment that is consistent with the pace and scale of Splunk:
- Gets Results: Energized by achievement; sets stretch targets and delivers exceptional results in dynamic conditions.
- Drives Innovative Change: Builds an environment where challenges are embraced as opportunities.
- Strategic Thought Leadership: Clear strategic thinker who recognizes and seizes opportunities. Consistently applies up to date professional expertise to develop and optimise a winning strategy.
- Energizes Others and Champions Collaboration: Applies understanding of people and clear communication to build partnerships and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
- Owns Personal Growth and Learning: Understands the impact their actions have on others and seeks out knowledge and opportunities for learning and self-improvement.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or OD. Masters Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience partnering with and influencing leaders at all levels, helping deliver strategic people initiatives that positively impact business results. Experience supporting a Sales team in a rapidly growing software company would be ideal.
Location and Travel
North America. The right individual can be based anywhere in North America. When restrictions are lifted, the ability to travel periodically – primarily to US offices – will be important
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.