Sr. Director, Public Sector Marketing
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Senior Field Marketing Director, Public Sector will lead the Public Sector Marketing strategy and a team of individuals responsible for planning and executing Public Sector marketing programs that create awareness, generate leads, strengthen relationships, and assist the sales team in accelerating revenue targets. You will work closely with sales leadership and field/corporate marketing to plan and execute targeted demand generation activities and campaigns.
Splunk is searching for a Senior Field Marketing Director, Public Sector with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing teams mainly for the Public Sector business. We need an empathetic and results orientated leader that builds and delivers multiple marketing projects on time, on budget with a high level of quality. Successful candidates will also be comfortable with changing priorities and responsibilities.
In this role you'll have a direct impact on the success of our Public Sector sales organization. As our organization changes and grows, you and your team will lead the way in developing programs to help generate new pipeline and accelerate adoption in new customer targets and increase adoption / expansion with existing customer accounts —all based on unique needs of the public sector market.
This is a great opportunity for a sharp, eager leader interested in jumping on board with one of the fastest growing companies in the Big Data space. This role has high visibility and an opportunity for growth within the organization. Buckle up and come along for the ride—we won't forget to have fun along the way.
- Collaborate with field sales and corporate marketing to drive pipeline growth and customer loyalty through integrated campaigns and thought leadership activities that include all marketing channels – events, online, social media, press, advertising, content and partners
- Manage team budget for all public sector programs
- Manage team responsible for building and executing regional plans aligned to the Public Sector sales priorities and revenue targets
- Manage and execute cross-public sector campaigns and programs to include the annual Splunk GovSummit
- Oversee partner and channel marketing strategy to prioritize strategic partners for joint marketing. Includes managing co marketing with Splunk Public Sector Distributor, Carahsoft.
- Consistent lead and pipeline analysis for sales leadership to identify gaps and make plan adjustments to ensure delivery of right metrics aligned to sales priorities.
- Execute multiple marketing programs simultaneously from beginning to end including scheduling, planning out logistics, content creation, email/registration page development, budget management and lead tracking and reporting in Salesforce
- Work with inside sales team to ensure leads are properly routed and followed up on in a timely manner
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to determine ROI and prioritize resources
- 15+ years of high tech field marketing management experience collaborating closely with sales teams to plan and execute demand generation programs
- Public Sector marketing management experience
- Created crafty content, with a good eye for editing and proofreading
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as Eloqua
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com to run campaigns, track prospects, run reports and build dashboards
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Passion for learning, passion for new and emerging technology trends
- Exceptional written and spoken communication that is clear and concise
- Attention to detail
- Manage to budget
- Ability to collaborate and influence others in a cross-functional team
- Bachelors or equivalent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.