Alliances Sales Manager - Public Sector
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Do to our expansive growth, we are seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as a Public Sector Alliance Sales Manager. The focus of the role is drive SI adoption/incorporation of Splunk technologies & services into their Public Sector Program initiatives. (Sell Thru/with) The successful candidate will have a track record of building and managing relationships with SI’s and driving adoption of enterprise IT software solutions in new and existing Public Sector programs, as well as enterprise architectures for repeatable GTM.
Location: The ideal candidate is preferably located in the Washington, DC metro area.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Build and maintain relationships with SI Accounts – Understand the SI business model and sales cycle; build relationships with the business development, technical, and program teams within your assigned SI’s
- Push awareness in the SI community – elevate Splunk’s strategic status with your SI partners, drive executive, capture, and technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow SI’s to discriminate in the public sector market and influence end-user requirements.
- Assist with Federal and SLED program sales strategies – engage and coordinate with Splunk sales, BD & capture management teams to identify relevant SI’s, develop program specific value propositions and bid strategies
- Drive adoption of Splunk technology & services during the program capture phase – execute program specific call plans; push program focused value propositions; arrange demos and deep dives; negotiate positions on SI teams; ensure SI’s are getting proposal & tech support; help SI’s win w/ Splunk.
- Drive adoption of Splunk technology & services in existing programs – Understand the key existing programs held by your assigned SI’s. Develop relationships with SI program leadership; show how Splunk solutions can help the SI’s contain costs, meet requirements, schedules, and service level agreements, and/or expand the contract scope.
- Drive & manage execution of program specific NDA’s and teaming agreements
- Manage a SI specific pipeline report that is regularly communicated and reported on
- Drive Splunk Software as a technology standard within SI architecture
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years direct & channel experience selling enterprise software in Federal
- Understands major federal initiatives and SI programs that could drive significant revenue for Splunk, has contacts at key SI’s and IT ecosystem partners
- Extensive experience & demonstrated success working with major SI’s in a sales & business development capacity on program capture and delivering revenue on IT infrastructure programs
- Demonstrated success in establishing NDA’s & teaming agreements with FSI’s
- Demonstrated success in winning Multimillion dollar large FED or SLED programs
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Executive presence, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player, successful working across organizations and structuring new approaches to pursue and close opportunities
- Entrepreneurial –strong work ethic, creative, resourceful, “get it done” attitude
- A consistent overachievement of sales goals
- Ability to travel 10 - 20%+
Education: I have that!
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.