Detection & Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Shift Lead
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Detection and Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Shift Lead reports to the Sr. Manager of Detection and Monitoring Operations. The role is based in Tyson’s Corner, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to oversee the 24x7 monitoring, operations and response to cyber security threats. You will have a solid understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with excellent communications skills and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- You will supervise and manage a small team of Detection & Monitoring Analysts charged with defending Splunk against security threats
- Ensure shift continuity during call-outs, emergencies and holidays.
- Develop intimate familiarity with our incident response playbooks ensuring analysts deliver a high-quality work product
- Using this familiarity, you will uncover opportunities for process improvement, leading initiatives to completion
- Understand events happening on your shift, providing guidance and mentoring to the D&MO Analysts
- Conduct shift briefings to include active and ongoing investigations, closed items and identification of events that need additional technical expertise
- Coordinate collaborative training opportunities with other shift-leaders
- Gauge priority and turn challenges into opportunities for your analysts
- Ensure all events are worked completely and in a timely manner
- Capture cybersecurity metrics in direct-support to executive-level briefings (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Ensure that all documents, workflows and processes remain accurate and up-to-date
- Evaluate and provide feedback on team performance
- Be the embodiment of partnership to help build bridges and develop relationships between Information Security, IT and the rest of the Splunk business
- 1st Shift
- You have 4 years of experience as a SOC Analyst or equivalent knowledge
- Know how to create Splunk Dashboards to deliver insights and are familiar with the concept of "letting the data tell the story"
- You can lead people to think critically by guiding them without doing the work for them
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to enable the growth of other
- You possess a demonstrated ability to speak with people with varying knowledge in IT Security concepts and have the tailor your message to the audience
- You have understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Willingness and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Solid attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent work experience
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.