Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst (SOAR)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The Splunk Security Markets Group is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support the Product and Sales initiative. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) market space in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
- Take pride researching the SOAR market space, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor product strengths, improvements and weaknesses at a very deep and technical level
- Identify and assess competitive strengths as well as growing opportunities, and identify ground breaking methods of exploiting competitive strengths
- Support Product Management with product feature gap analysis, competitive threats and product launch strategies derived from competitive analysis
- Work with marketing to formulate competitive sales strategies, product demonstrations, content, and collateral
- Passionate about working with sales, SEs, and customer success to assist in closing customer sales.
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, business insight, positioning and tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Committed to working directly with the sales team to help close opportunities
- Deep knowledge with product marketing to create scalable product content and improvements that articulate the benefits & differentiators of our product offerings
- Passionate about analyzing data and building executive reports on rapidly growing win/loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Security experience (product or practitioner) required
- Highly motivated written and verbal skills are a huge plus - expected to support executive-level presentations and improvements.
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle and purchaser mindset.
- Strong grasp on insight generation scalability, influencing, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to analyze new, products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to quickly create collateral to differentiate the Splunk product offering and improvements.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.