Senior Financial Analyst - Corporate FP&A
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a high performance Corporate Finance Analyst to join its finance team and have an immediate impact. This position reports into the Director, Global Finance and will provide modeling and analytical support on a range of corporate finance and planning activities and on other high-profile projects. You will partner closely with Finance leadership and the office of the CEO to plan and prioritize capital allocation supporting the company’s operational initiatives, and with Splunk Strategy and Corporate Development teams in the assessment of organic and inorganic growth opportunities. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail, an unrelenting drive to get to the answer, and the ability to thrive in the ambiguity and open space that comes in a fast-growing organization. Candidates will also be required to have mastery of Excel with excellent modeling and data manipulation skills.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Provides forecast variance analysis across Splunk’s global footprint
- Is responsible for developing country-based financial reporting through coordination with Accounting, FP&A and Treasury leads
- Develops, implement and maintain forecasting models; track performance vs. forecast; communicate variances
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filters and “cleans” data by reviewing reports, dashboards, and queries to locate and correct code and source data issues
- Guides other departments by researching, analyzing and interpreting data
- Identifies trends; resolves problems; determines system improvements; implements change
- Introduces improvements to improve accuracy of data processing and reporting
- Develops data controls to ensure reporting accuracy, consistency, and scalability
- Completes ad-hoc projects and create reports as needed
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Enterprise software/SaaS finance experience is a plus
- This role is for doers; those able to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics.
- 2+ years of high level Excel modeling skills (Preferred) with ability to create and collaborate on complex financial models (3-statement cash forecasting)
- Pull and interpret data from CRM, Concur, HRIS and Financial systems and create automated daily reports (Experience with data aggregators such as SQL a big plus).
- Manage Capital Expenditure financial model for actuals and projections for the Company
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Finance
- 5 years of related experience (investment banking and structured finance experience is a plus)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.