Program Manager, IT
Program Manager, IT
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our
We are looking for a skilled and passionate program management professional with a large spectrum of experience working in larger and smaller companies in a high-tempo fast paced environment. Do you want to utilize your Agile and Scrum experience to lead programs that drive flawless collaboration for Splunkers around the world? As an IT Program
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support one or more of Splunk’s IT portfolios and the enterprise Roadmap. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance. You will schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups
- Lead and run IT project delivery by ensuring the integrated solution delivers on the success criteria, and addressing project issues and risks, and building commitment with delivery team and business partners
- Collaborate with tech leaders and key business partners to understand their strategic portfolio and business goals
- Craft a program and product delivery strategy that aligns with the IT product roadmap
- Drive cross-functional planning and effective execution of studies through the development and monitoring of fully integrated, cross-functional, study specific timelines and budgets
Ownthe coordination of project activities and resources across the organization in a manner that improves efficiency and minimizes conflicts
- Extensive experience with
corporate widecommunications and training
- Collaborate effectively in business partner relationships when defining business requirements and success criteria
- Apply Project Management standard methodologies (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risks management, issues management
- Drive Agile, iterative methodologies
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and direction when there are multiple business owners and solutions
- Build in mitigation plans anticipating issues and risks and actively replans with tech leaders, key business partners and delivery teams to reset expectations throughout project delivery
- Utilize consultative problem solving by using technical and business / acumen to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Execute goal setting and alignment with business owners and senior leaders and contribute to operational alignment
- Be viewed as an authority by partners within IT and across the business and has a communication style that builds confidence and alignment with the team
- Foster a culture of collaboration, performance and accountability
- Deliver executive communication to drive the decision-making process
- 8+ years’ experience as a technical project manager with experience leading large and complex cross-functional projects
- 3+ years experience leading IT Operations/Infrastructure programs
- Tolerant of ambiguity and the flexibility to work well in a dynamic environment with evolving priorities
- Very good interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational planning skills and understanding of portfolio management concepts
- Effective and creative in solving problems with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Effective at building relationships across organizations and with key decision makers
Nice to Have
- Experience leading or participating in agile transformation in enterprise environments
- Expertise with JIRA
- PMO or portfolio management experience in a technology setting
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile certification
- Consulting background
- Vendor management experience
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.