Staff Technical Writer, Security Markets
We're looking for a versatile technical writer to join the Splunk docs team to create high-quality documentation for Splunk security products, including Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk Phantom. Join a group that's helping thousands of clients monitor for vulnerabilities, detect anomalies, reduce risk, and protect their assets using Splunk software.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Do you want to collaborate with a team who thinks a sharp sense of humor is basic currency? As a writer in Security Markets, you'll use your ability to grasp technical concepts, as well as your familiarity with security and system administration, to work side-by-side with engineering and technical support to create and maintain online user documentation and in-product user assistance. You'll write customer documentation in a custom MediaWiki instance, where you can continuously update your content with improvements and new features.
To succeed in this role, you are a confident writer who is eager to learn about enterprise security at Splunk. You will document new technology both broadly and deeply to ensure the success of your product development team and its customers. In the hiring process, be prepared to tell stories that demonstrate how you learn about new technologies, apply that learning on the job, and make an impact outside and inside your company.
- Write user documentation for the Security Markets portfolio of products
- Work closely with development teams and product managers to understand your products and the customers who use them
- Be ready to discuss technical details and demonstrate your deep technical knowledge every day
- Collaborate with other writers and coordinate shared content
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to the documentation set
- 5+ years of experience researching and writing excellent documentation
- Experience working with complex enterprise software. Familiarity with the Agile development process is helpful.
- Understanding of enterprise security is a plus, including subjects such as notable event and incident analysis, identity correlation, threat detection, endpoint protection, and PCI compliance
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools and data analytics
- Ability to work with multiple groups and track priorities in an ever-evolving environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant professional experience
What We Offer You:
- A set of extraordinary peers who are dedicated to the craft of creating high-quality, customer-pleasing content
- A multi-functional team that values and relies on accurate, robust documentation
- Opportunities to influence our style and standards, and participate in lively discussions about how to best present our content to users
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing writers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.