AVP Sales EMEA - Observability
Role: Area Vice President of Sales, EMEA – Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds.
VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering DevOps teams to collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be solved faster.
We’re making a difference in the observability space and as we continue to apply significant resources to grow in this area, we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. We are looking for smart and tough people who want to do remarkable things.
We are seeking an exceptional sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President of Sales for the UK and Ireland. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in building and managing high performing sales organizations within the Region. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, get involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
- We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate an excellent environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring and leading high performing sales teams
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Directly manage the EMEA Observability sales team and work closely with assigned technical resources, inside sales and other functional teams.
- Monitor the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff.
- Consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Effectively manage territory by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, sales process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key revenue opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 15+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; second line management experience preferred including both direct and channel selling experience across the UK and Ireland region
- Relevant software industry experience with a large focus on Cloud technologies. Successful candidates must have a cloud first mindset
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing seven and above figure software licensing deals
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Ability to attract exceptional talent to match our growth
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.