Director, Product Marketing - Security
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
As a Director, Product Marketing for Security, you will drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM strategy of selected products and technical alliances in Splunk’s product portfolio and partner ecosystem. You will contribute to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases—building the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco and is a great opportunity for candidates with a strong experience in product and solution marketing, entrepreneurial orientation, and deep cybersecurity domain expertise.
- Define market strategy and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales in the Security market
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, online marketing, customer stories etc.
- Identify and represent the company in briefings with industry analysts, as well as at various speaking engagements and conferences
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing his/her expertise in specific sales situations.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in enterprise cybersecurity and/or IT software
- Strong domain expertise of SIEM, Security Automation & Orchestration, Security Analytics, UEBA, Fraud, Compliance, and related cybersecurity markets—including primary vendors and industry trends
- Passion for the cybersecurity industry—stays up to date on the latest industry news, hasn’t missed an RSAC or Black Hat conference in years, knows the top industry analysts and influencers
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver effective presentations
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings, and other places, both in the U.S. and internationally
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
We value diversity at Splunk. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.