Senior Staff Technical Writer, Splunk Cloud
Join a supportive and collaborative team of writers and editors that is dedicated to building high quality content for users of Splunk Cloud software. We create documentation that helps system administrators effectively manage their Splunk Cloud software and confidently obtain maximum value from it.
As a technical writer at Splunk, you'll work in a fast-paced environment, in daily collaboration with software engineers, product managers, other technical writers, and editors. You’ll craft customer-facing documentation using our MediaWiki instance that allows you to continuously update your content with improvements and new features.
To succeed in this role, you are a confident writer of enterprise software documentation who is passionate about learning new concepts and clearly explaining complex software technologies. This position offers continuous learning and frequent direct interaction with enthusiastic customers who rely on Splunk documentation every day to accomplish their goals.
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to use and manage Splunk software effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with agile development teams, product managers, and sales engineers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs.
- Discuss technical details and tackle problems with engineers, customer support reps, technical writers, and customers every day.
- Follow an established writing style guide and work with editors to provide the best possible documentation for customers.
- Respond directly to user feedback and integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
- Develop a holistic understanding of how customers use our software and help them to complete their tasks quickly and accurately.
- Write for a SaaS environment with frequent updates to the documentation and prescriptive guidance that helps customers succeed quickly.
- Work collaboratively and closely with other writers in your area to ensure consistent and cohesive content, style, and messaging.
- 4+ years technical writing experience for an enterprise software company.
- Ability to manage time and priorities in a dynamic development environment at a high-growth company.
- Experience documenting complex software systems that are configured through API endpoints and command-line interfaces.
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Writing samples that showcase your ability to write for a technical audience.
Other relevant skills
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with REST API concepts and functionality.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and clusters.
- Experience writing for system administrator audiences.
- Knowledge of Splunk software and use cases.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.