Principal Product Manager Cloud Admin Experience
Principal/Senior Product Manager, Cloud Admin Experience
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud has amazing customers obtaining deriving extraordinary insights into their business from data. The Splunk Cloud product management team focuses on making the cloud service a world-class experience for customers. We are looking for someone to own and guide the experience for the administrative persona at our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
Location: Splunk Boulder, Colorado
Responsibilities: What you'll do.
- You will be the voice of the administrator persona for enterprises subscribing to Splunk Cloud service.
- You understand the roles, responsibilities, motivation and success criteria for the various administrative personas involved in mid to large enterprises as consumers of the service.
- You will also understand and represent the internal personas of a service provider in delivering a highly available service.
- You will build a holistic, exciting vision for future state and maintain a roadmap for execution.You maintain the right perspective in everything you do. Ensure we are solving the right problem for the persona.
- Identify critical factors in boosting customer productivity as their company consumes cloud service at increasing scale and scope. Map key tasks for the persona(s) in current state and future state. Establish and continually refine the vision to dramatically simplify future state.
- Collaborate with Customers, Engineering, UX, PMs, Service Operations, Marketing and Field on a regular cadence to execute against the vision in delivery of a holistic admin experience.
Requirements: What you'll need to succeed.
You are organized, enthusiastic, and excited about this role and working in a rapidly changing environment.
- You cultivate deep empathy for challenges faced by this persona in current state.
- You are skilled at being data driven across the lifecycle, from a data-driven problem statement, to measuring success for customers and Splunk.
- You operate with a sense of urgency to match our rapid growth. We value planning, but value shipping a feature even more.
- You are skilled at socializing ideas to attain cross-functional agreement. You maintain Customer and Team first approach.
- You have an understanding of the operations of large enterprise especially in IT and/or Security.
- You have 5-8 years of relevant product management experience.
- Your experience with large scale distributed systems, monitoring frameworks a plus. Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus.
Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.